Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My First Graphic with Xara

This is my first effort with Xara. Please don't look too close, there are more than a few mistakes. I found Xara to be a great program that has lots of potential if I can ever learn it. Its also an enjoyable program to use. I know I will be using it a lot more in the future.

Gray.

Default Re: My First Graphic with Xara

Looks Pretty Good to me Gray....

You got the eye for detail and the talent to express it, that's for sure. You've been doing this (or painting) professionally? It doesn't look like something John would be able to come up with . Unless he gets REALLY serious, which is impossible...

Now that is a red-rag to a bull Grafixman . True though.

Excellent Jag you have there gray .

The chrome, vents, lights and side of the car look great, as do the shadow and the environment. The hood and windscreen suffer from too soft of a look, not enough contrast, lower front seems to lack the same level of detail as the rest of the car. In general I'd say it was an excellent first shot at Xara and you should be well proud.

J

nice image - and nice car, yours?! I imagine you must know your way around xara fairly well after doing this. What were you using before?

Have to poke the old geezer once in a while, Christopher. Just to keep him from nodding off and possibly damaging the monitor with that fossilized skull attached to his neck... . John the cryptkeeper.
    Getting off topic, sorry.
    The car could use some shiny reflections, though. Was going to add this before I saw Ballpoint's reply.

Look at shiny cars or take some pictures and notice what goes on in reflective paint and where your highlights will naturally fall.

Otherwise your drawing is excellent, but the added gleams will make the car look painted, now it looks like dull plastic.

A few well places gleems on the wheels could bring that out too.

Don't give up, its a very good start.

Gary has done some great work with reflections and the bubble tutorial is really good.

Thanks John, Si, Ballpoint for the comments.

Joe, I had some concerns about the hood and windscreen and top, but this was just an exercise to help understand Xara. The front of the car is where I started, thats probably why it lacks some detail.

Grafixman, I just have an interest in graphics. The photo I used as a model had no shiny reflections, which is out of the ordinary. I assume the photographer set it up that way.

Thanks all again for your helpful comments.

Gray.

Hey Guys...

I drew a stick figure once... It was almost as good as the stuff you guys did...

John the cryptkeeper... indeed... Remember I am the patron saint of all these types of cracks...