9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xara X

3 33.33%
  • Paint Shop Pro

5 55.56%
  • Other

1 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am interested in the response of fellow designers as to their preference of graphic software. For several years I have used Paint Shop Pro, and recently I purchased Xara 3D. I have been very pleased with the results of Xara's program and was wondering if their graphics program has produced higher results than other such software. That is the reason for this poll, so please vote for your prefered one. (I posted the same questionnare under the Xara site also.)Thanks!

Triangle

[This message was edited by triangle on March 16, 2002 at 15:44.]
    IP

I am interested in the response of fellow designers as to their preference of graphic software. For several years I have used Paint Shop Pro, and recently I purchased Xara 3D. I have been very pleased with the results of Xara's program and was wondering if their graphics program has produced higher results than other such software. That is the reason for this poll, so please vote for your prefered one. (I posted the same questionnare under the Xara site also.)Thanks!

Triangle

[This message was edited by triangle on March 16, 2002 at 15:44.]
    IP

Adobe Photo Shop beats all!
    IP

I have Xara and Photoshop but since I haven't spent much time working in either one, my vote goes to PSP. It was easy for me to learn, so I guess that is why I have stuck with it. When you get to be my age, learning a new program isn't as easy as it used to be [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Carolyn
    IP

I love PSP but I also use Xara X on a lot of my graphics for web. I get a lot more from text and shapes with Xara X than I do with psp.

Becky D.
    IP

Hey all,

My favorite would have to be Adobe Photoshop v6.0 hands down! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I've come to like Ulead Photo Impact 7.0, Bryce 5, Poser 4, and Corel Draw 9.0. I'm still trying to use Paint Shop Pro v7.02 but, I'm not having any luck. Ulead Cool 3D and Xara 3D are baby text programs if you are a text lover like me. Xara X is da' BOMB from what I've seen of it if it would only save as .psd. But it's still a nice program. I'm looking to try the 3D Invigorator by Zaxwerks at the moment.

So, there you have it. My humble opinion. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks for your time.

Seeya'
    RJ
    IP

Well, since it has been asked... (really hate to post such in the PSP forum but...)

1)PhotoImpact
    2)RealDrawPro
    3)PhotoShop

Ya know though, most everyone will hold to their own opinions based primarily on what they have become accustomed to and thus feel most adept and familiar with when creating, and that thing called choice is freedom...way cool...be kinda boring with just one app anyhoo.

I feel it is a shame that there are sometimes strong feelings felt and expressed between the various app users camps...I think that what ever worx is cool, and that the most important part is the end result...the digital worx that have been created regardless of the app/tools used...

one thing that really peaves me is if I am in a forum and said forum is about one particular app, and someone posts a challenge with a base picture form which to work from, I copy said picture and create with my choice of tool, and end up with a good result but don't figure it's right to post the result because it was not created with the forums choice of tool...what a crock...

especially when that said forum and members would ohhh and ahhh if the work was created with say a favorite 3D program..."oh cool" is the responce, but if the worx was created with a competiting paint program well then...it's on...hey buddy, your in the wrong forum they say...but, but, I really liked some of the worx in your forum I think to myself, I really wanted to see if I could gain as good results with my chosen tool? I was here for the challenge, yea, thats it...

It wasn't to be about, look what I did, your tool sucks...no, that would not be proper, and I would say some pretty harsh words myself if that was the case, but...if it was simply sharing some worx...cool

Yea, maybe I won't be able ta tell ya how to gain the same effect with your chosen tool, but, then again, maybe the challenge is for you to raise the bar by doing the same as what I did...experiment...challenge...flex those creative muscles...

Hey Folks...its the worx that count, unless of course ya got a wad stuck up in stocks in said app, in which case carry on...hehe... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

I agree, Gidget...it's the work that counts! Sometimes I use 3 or 4 programs to get the effect I want in an image...and what should count is the image itself.

I use XaraX, PSP7, Real Draw, Painter 7, and Photoshop...and my favorite is still PSP 7...for it's ease of use!

If you post something using another program, I don't think Carolyn or I would bite your head off....we're interested in the outcome! So feel free! The more interaction the better, as far as I am concerned.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Hi Joelle, and thank you... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

What a very refreshing and much cool view you share here...great to see
    It is soo nice to know that some view the worx as important and the people who create them as more important than a bit of software....duh...lol

Off to creating we go, just dropped in to say a big thank you

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Hey Hey Hey, (again) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gigit, we have to stop meeting like this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Yeah, you know, no matter what, the outcome IS the most important. Even if you use Instant Artist! IF you acheive what you are looking for, then, that's ALL that counts and forget anyone and their negativity. :P

Everybody started out as beginners. No one, and I do mean NO ONE started as a pro. But, it's all good. Take it easy. 1 Luv.

RJ (The Postmaster) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP