Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

can i make menu on my custom button i mean can i use xara menu maker on my custom phtoshoped button ????

tell me than i'll buy this software

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: is this possible in xara menu maker

The answer to your question is 'sort of'. The program it self cannot be used to bring in your custom button. However, you can create a menu and rename your custom buttons to be the same as the ones that Menu Maker created. However you need to be careful about the size of the graphics. You may have to also edit the code to change the size of the buttons to be what your custom graphics are. You will need to do this in the larger of the two .js files that are created with the menu. This is not the xaramenu.js file.

I hope this answers your question.
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: is this possible in xara menu maker

Once you get the basic code, you can do whatever with that code, the interface is a convenience for sure, but it is writing the code for you not to say that you cannot edit the code for yourself.

If the menu is image based, then you can look at the code and you'll find if you chose .jpegs that all the call outs are for named .jpeg files. You need to stay with those names, or you could look at the image files which are made, and rename your images these names. Of course you need to match the height and width in pixels.

But if you know how to edit the code (and it really isn't that hard) you can tweak other features such as how your submenus behave, if you want to change the size of your fonts, etc.

The the price, it is really reasonable and for many people who just want the menu without having to learn how to use the javascript, it is a lifesaver. However, there is always an advantage to know how it works, a person who uses FrontPage and Dreamweaver is not exempt from editing the HTML code if need be.

No matter which menu program you buy or alter free code like at Dynamic Drive, you will still have to know where to place your files. Like if you use Image Ready and make animated rollovers, the program will do a lot for you, but the more you know, the more you will get out of it.