Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emoticons

Default emoticons

Hey can anyone guide me through all the emoticons there are.... There is no any list, and I like to use them. They simply don't show so I have to use keyboard to input them... any help?
    IP

Default Re: emoticons

Availor,

In the compose message panel they should be on the right hand side?

You can't see them? There are 11 of them...
    IP

Availor,

It's the Message Editor Interface you chose... (Last option)

In your control panel - Options - Change from Enhanced to Standard...
    IP

Yes I can see them, but what combination makes them? The interface you mean is Thread: Linear Thread, Hybrid thread? I tried all three of them....
    The icons in the bottom refer to the topic.

If you can, simply type the emoticons with the "disable smilies in text" so I can see the combination of the keyboard you use,
    IP

Availor,

In your control panel (CP) you have "Edit Option" - at the bottom of that page you have a choice of Message Editors... If you choose Enhanced Message Editor you will not see the emoticons on the right hand side of the compose panel. With the other two you do show them.

If you are not running enhanced mode why not simply take 2/10s of a second with your mouse to click one?

... Yes, it's a cheap way of me saying that I don't know the shortcuts... and wouldn't obsess about them. However, I'm sure someone will be able to figure it out for you. If you are patient.
    IP

If you go to the FAQ and select the Reading and Posting Messages, you can find an entry about "What are smilies". Click that and you can eventually get to

http://www.talkgraphics.com/misc.php?do=showsmilies

Where you can see what to type to get a particular smilie
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Does anyone know of a free tutorial site for Mircomedia Freehand?
    IP

Availor, make sure you have the blinking text input cursor in your text input box, then click on the smiley you want to use. I think the smileys are a little buggy, too. There seems to be a lag before they appear on the text input box. Often, I also can't seem to place them in the text, but then I notice that there is no blinking text input cursor there in the first place...
    IP

Exclamation Re: emoticons

Yeah, my emoticons are goofy, I have the emoticons available for selection below the text entry box. And then it puts them up by the Title.
    , but the keyboard shortcuts work for in the text field emotos.
    IP

I don't get it. Many people seem to have problems with this and it's already been answered in this thread and this one. Or maybe I'm missing something?
    You need to select either the Standard or Enhanced editor interface in your Message editor options. The smilies will appear to the right of the message text box next time you're replying to a post

The smilies that are below the text box are the ones that appear next to your post title, not inside the text itself
    IP