Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Gang,

Wondering if there is a way to do a faster cloning of one object to many. Like my Eye project, say I have 40 pearls I want to clone, is there some sort of a way to take one finished pearl and create 39 more of them in one or two steps???

If not, maybe that could be a good extra on the next Xara update. A Cloning dialog that allows you to set the amount of times an object is cloned.

Thanks

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi Gang,

Wondering if there is a way to do a faster cloning of one object to many. Like my Eye project, say I have 40 pearls I want to clone, is there some sort of a way to take one finished pearl and create 39 more of them in one or two steps???

If not, maybe that could be a good extra on the next Xara update. A Cloning dialog that allows you to set the amount of times an object is cloned.

Thanks

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RW

You could create a custom brush stroke with the pearl or object and then draw a path, and finally convert the path (Line) to Shape. (Arrange > Convert Line to Shape) and then ungroup. That's a few more steps but it should work.

Xara does not have a numerical copies feature like does Illustrator or CorelDRAW.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

how about making one clone or dublicate, move it away from the original then use the blend tool and change steps to 38. Convert blend to editable shape and ungroup.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update