Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

As with my post from this afternoon I would like to know if its possible to make a cdrw drive the scratch disk space rather than worry about using up hard drive space

And, if im not mistaken, in doing so wouldnt i free up some ram in the process so i can play music and not have to worry about gobbling it up.

Please help this newbie out. Thanks in advance and please feel free to email the response.
    hifreqq@yahoo.com
    IP

Mr.BB...

It's as much about SPEED, as it is SPACE.

I wouldn't recommend you use a CDRW for a scratch disk. It will read/write far too slowly to be effecient enough for Photoshop; and your patients. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

And no by the way... you won't free up any 'ram' by doing that.

Are you trying to play MP3s? Or a CD?
    Either way, you shouldn't have to be concerned about memory getting gobbled up by these. It takes very little resources to play either of those sources of music.

How much Ram & hard disk space do you currently have Mr.BB? And how fast is your computer?
    IP

Im running an AMD t=-bird 1100mghtz with over 300mg of ram.
    IP

...so why would you want to run a swap file from a piece of hardware that could never keep up with the kind of speed that your hard drive and cpu can produce?

It's not the speed of your HD & CPU i'm thinking of here, it's... THE WEAKEST LINK! Good Bye! hehee... no... the weakest link in the chain is the CDRW. Noway could it compete with the speed of your HD.

That's what i meant. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP