Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wings...

I'm re-doing an old Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Patch for the Air Force Rescue Unit I am assigned to. I got some great help on this site when I was doing some green feet with a skull face in them, so I decided to see if anyone out there could render some additional help.

I am relatively happy with the feathers on these wings, but am open to anyone (probably EVERYONE) that could improve them...Specifically, the tops of the wings (the "bone" of the wing I guess...)

I'm also open to suggestions as to how to do her hands...they should be gently cupping the world.

Also, I'm not very satisfied with her hair...

Gizmo sends...

[This message was edited by Gizmo on August 07, 2001 at 06:47.]

[This message was edited by Gizmo on August 07, 2001 at 06:49.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angel.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	17990  
    Gizmo sends...

I'm re-doing an old Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Patch for the Air Force Rescue Unit I am assigned to. I got some great help on this site when I was doing some green feet with a skull face in them, so I decided to see if anyone out there could render some additional help.

I am relatively happy with the feathers on these wings, but am open to anyone (probably EVERYONE) that could improve them...Specifically, the tops of the wings (the "bone" of the wing I guess...)

I'm also open to suggestions as to how to do her hands...they should be gently cupping the world.

Also, I'm not very satisfied with her hair...

Gizmo sends...

[This message was edited by Gizmo on August 07, 2001 at 06:47.]

[This message was edited by Gizmo on August 07, 2001 at 06:49.]
    Gizmo sends...

OH, Mr. Priester...do you think this is a bit more "rescue friendly" than the "mean feet"??

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gizmo - Any chance you can post the original design you are reworking too? Helping will be easier with more info on the context of what you are trying to do - the original could provide that.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Here's the original...

Gizmo sends...

Name:	SARangel.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	3379  
    Gizmo sends...

I know I'm asking a whole lot here, but I have only been using XaraX for about 6 months now, and this is my first experience with ANY type of graphics program (I've never used Corel, PhotoPaint, etc.)

I am having some real problems getting the text to fit the scroll on the bottom of the patch. My boss is very proficient in XaraX and he seems to have the same issues...

We've both played with Kerning, splitting the text into groups, etc, but we can't seem to get the text to fit the scroll just right...

Gizmo sends...
    Gizmo sends...

Perhaps a bowling ball would be less dramatic :-)

I think the origial patch is stronger because the forms have been simplified. I would try to steer myself in that direction. If this is going to be used for a patch, for example, you are going to need simpler shapes.

Think more in terms of solid 2D shapes instead of 3D realistic shapes and feathers and all.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester" TARGET=_blank>
    beehives to me blurs </A>

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on August 07, 2001 at 10:13.]

You might try drawing a line to the shape of the banner, typing your slogan, selecting both line and slogan together and then choosing "arrange>fit text to curve". I have it on a single line, but you could break the line and text into separate pieces and try it. Remember to colour the line clear when done.

~Dave!~

Name:	toml.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	1628  
    ~Dave!~

It's best to use mould tool. It works for perfect for fo this kind of sinus waves. Just you have to play with handles to create the wave. Imagine the text is a square and it's 4 corners must fit exactly to the corners of original sine shaped text. I'm going to attach the xar file for further exploartion, but it's a fast work so it's not very accurate.

Name:	01a.jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	1775  

here:

Borlips solution seems to be good too. So choose what fit's you best.
    Attached Files Attached Files