Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus Nordby:
    But yes, there is one HUGELY important addition: Flash vector and bitmap SWF output, both of stationary and animated files!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Three cheers for X3D5!

Hip, hip...
    <marquee>Hooray!</marquee>
    <font size="+1">Hip, hip...
    <marquee>Hooray!</marquee></font>
    <font size="+2">Hip, hip...
    <marquee>Hooray!</marquee></font>

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

Now *thats* a very tempting feature [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the demo, Klaus!

Shame the files were so big but I imagine with a litle tweaking they could be reduced. One thing really struck me and that was the bevels on the lettering looked....vector. If so, that's something XaraX doesn't do very well at all! A taste of things to, erm well let's avoid that expression [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...shall we say maybe there's hope for an improved SWF export filter in the next release of XaraX!

Cheers!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Graeme, what I posted was a VECTOR SWF file. With these, only hard-edge bevels can be exported. But X3D5 can also export BITMAP SWF files, and then all the soft bevels can be exported. I'm just a vector man at heart, so I chose the vector export. :-) But here's a bitmap SWF, which of course - - unlike the splendid vectors! - looks crappy when scaled. It's original size is 156x75.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara

[This message was edited by Klaus Nordby on July 13, 2002 at 05:39.]

[This message was edited by Klaus Nordby on July 13, 2002 at 05:41.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Thanks for that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ironic that the bitmap is slightly smaller than the vector!

I was maybe being too subtle... XaraX's flash filter exports bevels as bitmaps. I knew the SWF was vector but I was surprised to see that the bevels themselves looked vector too. If Xara3D5 can export a vector bevel, this is something I'd look forward to seeing in the next release of XaraX [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!

P.S. I'm a vector man myself, only resrting to lossy inefficient bitmaps as a last resort. I just hate metafiles though.

--
    Graeme
    Graeme