Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, I finished my Navbar and changed the look of the title/logo, soooo, tell me what you think. Color/shape/size/layout changes or a completely new concept. All criticism welcome, Thanks for your help
    Click Here to see it

Steve Newport

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on July 08, 2001 at 11:06.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Ok, I finished my Navbar and changed the look of the title/logo, soooo, tell me what you think. Color/shape/size/layout changes or a completely new concept. All criticism welcome, Thanks for your help
    Click Here to see it

Steve Newport

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on July 08, 2001 at 11:06.]
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

The colour scheme is great. Now you should start to think about the efficient usage of space.
    Roman

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I like this better than the 1st one. I think it is still twice as big as it should be unless that is all you are going to have on the page. If this is the case, center it on the page horizonally and vertically.

Judi
    P.S. I'm using a 1260 x 768 monitor setting.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Steve - Someone in your earlier thread mentioned something to the effect that text is important on your site's front page because of the search engines. That is very true and really should be part of your design concept if you ever want to get visitors refered by search engines.

A while ago I wrote some pages for my website on working with search engines. You can find them here. My site is a work in progress and I've done almost no promotion - still it gets over a million hits per year. From the get-go I tried to make the site friendly to the search engines and it seems to work. With some promotion I'm sure I could increase traffic considerably.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I looked at the code of your page, and your code is, to say the least, quite remarkable:
    1/ it is incredibly long and complicated for the kind of effect you want to produce and for the minimalist visual countenance of your page.
    2/ the structure is messed up as you get a second HEAD section within the BODY section.

It might be best to take a good look at this.

In my opinion, your lay out is very promising, but it is difficult to get an idea of the complete page as we don't "see" what you have in mind.

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on July 08, 2001 at 14:11.]

Roman & Judi

I can shrink the size of the titlebar which is what I assume you are talking about. The buttons if shrunk anymore will be unreadable on a 1260 x 768, in which case I'll have to design new buttons! Anyway, this can and will be fixed.

Ross

Yes, I have read the majority of your site, I like them a lot! The site when finished will have a lot of text for searches/explanations/and tutorials. This was just to see if the scheme was pleasing to the eye.

Erik

I have NO knowledge in HTML at all!! So, I couldn't fix it if I tried! I'll look into it though

Thanks a lot for the criticism, greatly appreciate

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-