SPL...

Don't ever use an entire image to represent your whole Web page. That would be a huge download, and if anyone had images turned off, they wouldn't see anything of your page.

Illustrator is not what i'd call a "Web" application. I'd call XaraX that before i'd call Illustrator that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
And in any case, it's not any better a choice than Photoshop for what you need here.

Glad to hear you use the methods mentioned in that tute. However, it sounds now like all you need to do is use the "Matte" option within the "Save for Web..." export window.

Turn off your image's BG layer, then go to save out your image, with it's shadow. Within the 'Save for Web...' window, on the upper middle right side, open the "Matte" dropdown menu and choose "Other". Then in the colour palette window choose the colour that you'll be using on your Webpage containing this specific image.

This should resolve your problem.

If not, let me know.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"