is to illustrate to Xara how valuable X is to its users. I don't think the people at Xara fully get this. Otherwise, we would have had a patch or something in these past 3 years. I really hope they can focus on X and stay focused on it.

Most X users feel forgotten and ignored by Xara. I know I do.

I feel that the price should refect the value of the product. If it has most of the features that we've asked for in wish list threads, then I'd gladly pay a higher price. If it's simply the patch to old bugs, that has been years overdue, without any new features, then I'm inclined to pass. I think I have found most of the workarounds to Xara's bugs. If it's somewhere inbetween, then I'll have to think about it.

I'm hoping that by looking at these prices Xara will UNDERSTAND what X means to its user base and hopefully they will upgrade and give it some meaningful support for a change. Xara X is by far their best product and by all rights should be it's cash cow not their red headed step child.

Honestly, I'm really keeping my expectations low because I don't want to be disappointed.

After X3d 5 came out I asked for a patch for Xara3d to export sequential PNG's. Seemingly a reasonable request since it can already export static PNG's. I received a reply from Xara and was told that a lot of people have asked for the same thing. That was it. No patch, just acknowledgement that many people agreed with me.

I don't want to be thrown a bone, when I'm willing to pay for steak.

For those of us who are still willing to stick with Xara all we can do is wait and see...

Sheffield Abella
www.sheff.com