Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi...
    I'm hoping that this is simpler than I am making it out to be. What I am trying to do is attach a movie clip to my main timeline without it preloading with the main flash movie. In other words when I click a button I want the movie clip to open a preloader of it's own and load on top of the main flash file with the original movie still visible. I've tried using linkage and used the Export symbol option but it loads the movie clip with the main movie. I am using Flash 5.

(Boy I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say...I'm getting confused now :P)

Thanks Sooo much for the help!!!

Creative Minds Distort Reality TM
    IP

Hi...
    I'm hoping that this is simpler than I am making it out to be. What I am trying to do is attach a movie clip to my main timeline without it preloading with the main flash movie. In other words when I click a button I want the movie clip to open a preloader of it's own and load on top of the main flash file with the original movie still visible. I've tried using linkage and used the Export symbol option but it loads the movie clip with the main movie. I am using Flash 5.

(Boy I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say...I'm getting confused now :P)

Thanks Sooo much for the help!!!

Creative Minds Distort Reality TM
    IP

heh - funnies - you and fructifly should swap stories. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] sounds like his solution would fit you just fine. basically, you can have that separate preloader if you keep that second movie clip as an external movie - then load it by using MovieClip.loadMovie([url], [level]);

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Manager, Front-End Technologies
    http://www.bluespark.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO