Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Going to Korea

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

Hi all! Thought I'd let you know, I found out today I will be leaving at the end of the month for Seoul, Korea, where I will be teaching English for the next year (kinder thru grade 9).

It will be a challenge and and adventure...but one I am looking forward to.

I am taking my laptop...and will hook up somehow so I can keep up with the forum and my design work, however, if you don't hear from me for a week or so at the beginning of March, it's because I'm get acclimated.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Hi all! Thought I'd let you know, I found out today I will be leaving at the end of the month for Seoul, Korea, where I will be teaching English for the next year (kinder thru grade 9).

It will be a challenge and and adventure...but one I am looking forward to.

I am taking my laptop...and will hook up somehow so I can keep up with the forum and my design work, however, if you don't hear from me for a week or so at the beginning of March, it's because I'm get acclimated.

Joelle

Joelle

IP

Hi Joelle,

I loved Korea when I was there almost 30 years ago. If you have the opportunity, I recommend visiting Han Sa (my spelling may be off, like my memory ;-) but it's about 70 kilometers north of Daegu. The scenery is very beautiful there. It is a Buddist monastery in the mountains. Lovely paths to walk and see the gardens in the spring and summer.

A trick I used to help prevent jetlag, three to five days before your flight; change your waking and sleeping times gradually to coincide with the time of day for your destination.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Wow! What an exciting thing for you to be doing! I have never been out of the country (US) much less gone somewhere exciting like the far east. Maybe along with English, you can get them interested in graphics! It would be cool if you did and had them post some of their work!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Carolyn
    IP

Thanks for the tips, Soguili...will certainly try to do that, as I start classes the day afer arrival.

Carolyn, that's a super idea! Will be interesting to see if they let me add graphics to the schedule.

Joelle

Joelle

IP

Hi to everybody,

I'm hanging around in the XaraX forum most of the time, but started getting interested in PSP as well after seeing some great graphics here, too.

Joelle,
    I came to Korea 3 years ago and really like this place. I'm currently in Daegu.

Soquilli,
    Haeinsa is indeed a beautiful and peaceful place, especially if you go there weekdays and not at the weekend. Here you can find some more information.

PS: I'll download PSP right now.
    IP

Hi there Cyberdao! I am sure that once you get familiar with PSP you will be surprised at what all you can create with this program. I am looking forward to seeing your work. I like viewing other people's work to get new ideas to spark my creativity!

*S*
    Carolyn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Welcome Cyberdao...we're happy to have you join us too....I hang around ( silently- most of the time) in the Xara forum too. I love the things they produce. One of these days I hope to become as proficient with Xara.

In the meantime PSP is a great program, with a lot of features. It accepts most Photoshop plug-ins too.!

We'll look forward to seeing your work!

Joelle

Joelle

IP

Thank you for your welcome!
    There is some great work on this forum.

I am looking for a bitmap program with simple vector functions in addition to XaraX which I just love for it's ease of use (though I can't produce any good graphics yet).

I have been playing around with PSP for a while now, but somehow I don't feel quite comfortable with it ... I'm sure it's just me.

The vector tools though seem to be better than Adobe PS6.
    IP