Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I recently purchased Xara 3D. What I like to know is, is it possible to import a gif and manipulate it so that it is over an angle or slanted. Like a 3d effect? With other words do with the gif (or jpeg) what Xara3D does otherwise.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have product pictures, about 160 X 140px on my site which are slanted giving a 3D effect. If Xara can't, is there a software alternative?

Much appreciate your input.

I recently purchased Xara 3D. What I like to know is, is it possible to import a gif and manipulate it so that it is over an angle or slanted. Like a 3d effect? With other words do with the gif (or jpeg) what Xara3D does otherwise.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have product pictures, about 160 X 140px on my site which are slanted giving a 3D effect. If Xara can't, is there a software alternative?

Much appreciate your input.

Is this what you're after? Or are you wishing to have the 3D shape take the shape of object (ie. bottle, ball, etc.)?

If this is what you're interested in, it was done by applying the picture of product to a button (using the button tool) or to a dingbat font that uses shapes, rather than letters of the alphabet.

If you're looking for the 3D part to be the shape of the product, you'll need to first open the product image in a product like Xara X or Webster and cut around the desired portion. Save the cutout portion as a standalone bitmap for use as a texture. Then copy/paste the cutout portion into Xara 3D and apply the bitmap as the texture. Make sense? I am work right now, so I can't go into too much detail http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hope this helps. If not, come back again and someone will get you in the direction you need to go. Also, if you search the boards here, you'll find other details on this same topic.

Art
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Art for your response and trying to help me out. I also apologize for not replying earlier but there were reasons. I am new to Xara 3D but will give your suggestion a good try.

Many thanks,
    Con