Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My new site - will it inspire customers?

Comments criticisms (nice ones) and any other feedback you feel like would be most welcome.

In other words - how was it for you?

http://akdesigns.users.btopenworld.com

Alan
    Alan
    IP

My new site - will it inspire customers?

Comments criticisms (nice ones) and any other feedback you feel like would be most welcome.

In other words - how was it for you?

http://akdesigns.users.btopenworld.com

Alan
    Alan
    IP

Hi Alan

It's strikingly neat and simple, and I'm pleased to see Xara, NoteTab (treat yourself to NoteTab Pro at the price!) and the W3C Validator all in use.

Not quite sure about the lighter purple (home page, bottom right), but that's all. I like it!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    IP

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I like it Alan, no clutter, easy to read, nice layout.

Only one suggestion. I think the links to the various pages should be on each page. This saves returning to the main page to read the next section. The site loads very quickly even on my slooow connection so that wouldn't slow things down.

Judi
    IP

only thing I would change like Judi mentioned too is that I like to navigate from each site without the need to go back first.

juergen
    IP

Peter:
    Light purple bottom right is no more, I had other comments on this as well and agree it was a bit pale.

Judi & Juergen re the links:
    I agree in principle, but felt having all the links on every page would clutter things just a little too much for my liking, so I have made an improvement which will go some way to meeting your comments and that is namely to add to every page a forward and backwards link. A halfway house to freer navigation. Now from every page you can get to the next, the previous, or go home.

I agree this makes exploring faster when you just want to systematically work through the whole site, and if you want to jump, then you can pop back to the home page.

Thanks to you all for your comments.

Alan
    PS latest version is now online here
    Alan
    IP

I like the site - very clean, uncluttered design and layout. I have to agree with the others that you should have the navigation column on all the pages.

One or two comments...
    1. Have you considered setting the Table border to zero on the home page, or do you prefer it so you can see the borders?

2. I notice you have nothing between your TITLE tags on any of the pages I looked at. You are not doing yourself any favours regards search engine ranking. The TITLE tag is *very* important.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    http://www.therealperth.com
    An independent online guide to Perth, Scotland
    Joe
    http://www.therealperth.com
    An independent guide to Perth, Scotland
    IP

Very nice site. I like the colors; very pleasing to the eye. Personally, I like how you used the boarders. Thanks for sharing.
    IP