Thank you Bob C, for the comps, and yep, Nikko is me...long story Zbrush is a phenomenal program and I can't recommend it highly enough to anyone with an interest in 3D. Just ask Weta, the guys who did the Lord of the Rings movies...

"sculpting process"... Unfortunately, I was too busy learning sculpting to stop and take pictures... I have actually only sculpted a few figures but have accumulated a good deal of knowledge on the subject BEFORE I started, through conversations with very talented artists like Mark Newman, Randy Bowen, Clayton Moore, and the Shifflett Brothers, all several years ago. Those guys shaved a LOT of time off my learning curve! 23 years as a model maker in the tire industry helped refine my eye for details.

As far as time goes, the Alien Thinker took me somewhere between 35-40 hours, but I WAS still learning while doing that.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to pursue sculpting for the last couple years. Being an economically-displaced worker has forced me to go to college full time in hopes of a mid-life career change Gotta LOVE 3D! HOPE I can find work with it...

Dan Huff
http://home.neo.rr.com/nikko/