Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

G'day everyone, please can someone help me with a very frustrating problem.

I have a new digital camera and am trying to make proof sheets in Xara by importing my photos, resizing them and arranging them in rows along a landscape orientation A4 sheet.

Sounds easy? NO!!! No matter how carefully I set up my page in the Page Options, then make sure my Print Options and Printer match (A4, Landscape)it prints all wrong, as if it in portrait orientation and slices off half my photos!

I have wasted much paper, ink and time. Not to mention sanity, trying to make this work. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks all, J

G'day everyone, please can someone help me with a very frustrating problem.

I have a new digital camera and am trying to make proof sheets in Xara by importing my photos, resizing them and arranging them in rows along a landscape orientation A4 sheet.

Sounds easy? NO!!! No matter how carefully I set up my page in the Page Options, then make sure my Print Options and Printer match (A4, Landscape)it prints all wrong, as if it in portrait orientation and slices off half my photos!

I have wasted much paper, ink and time. Not to mention sanity, trying to make this work. Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks all, J

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

If you have a portrait formated drawing and your paper in the printer is oriented portrait as well then both the printer driver and Xara's print option should be set for "portrait".

Now if you have drawn a landscape formated drawing in xara and you want to print it: Leave the printer driver set as portrait and set xara print option as "landscape" - xara will rotate the image for you. (The trick is to let just one do the rotation for you - if they both rotate then you won't get what you are after).

Conceptually I tend to think of the printer driver's orientation as refering to how the paper is fed. As most people load paper trays only in a portrait orientation, it can stay as "portrait" all the time - and you determine if the image is rotated or not with Xara's printer layout options. Print some more until you get the hang of it. Develope a conceptual way to "see" it and you'll never get it wrong again.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

The mist has rolled back and all is revealed. So simple, but then I've always been a bit backward. I think it comes from being ever so slightly dyslexic.

Thanks a bunch. J

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

draw that mist rolling back, revealing the Victoria landscape. In my mind's eye it is a beautiful sight. --- Then print it in landscape mode. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I can't draw to save myself Ross. I might try for taking a photo and transforming it by tracing it and following Egg's cottage tutorial. Just another rainy day project.

J