Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone else been plagued by this persistent error that keeps popping up.
    There appears to be no pattern as to when it occurs as it has appeared:-
    a) when I have switched off a layer
    b) when I have changed tool
    c) tried to save my work
    d) closed the program down.

Clicking on the ok button everything works as normal.
    I have tried running it with the minimum of other programs running so I don't think it is a shortage of free memory that is the problem.

I have made Xara aware of this, but I just wondered if anyone else has met this error.

Setup:-
    P4 1.9GHz
    256Mb ram
    27.4Gb free disc space
    Ge-FORCE II MX400 / 64Mb
    Win XP Home

Has anyone else been plagued by this persistent error that keeps popping up.
    There appears to be no pattern as to when it occurs as it has appeared:-
    a) when I have switched off a layer
    b) when I have changed tool
    c) tried to save my work
    d) closed the program down.

Clicking on the ok button everything works as normal.
    I have tried running it with the minimum of other programs running so I don't think it is a shortage of free memory that is the problem.

I have made Xara aware of this, but I just wondered if anyone else has met this error.

Setup:-
    P4 1.9GHz
    256Mb ram
    27.4Gb free disc space
    Ge-FORCE II MX400 / 64Mb
    Win XP Home

but I have seen others.

I would prefer an explanation of the errors that occur.

The politely vague dialogue boxes with error numbers rather than error types that appear from time to time do little to help figure out what the error was, why it occured, what triggered it or how to avoid it.

I think another feature to be added to the list is 'precise error messages.'

Sheffield Abella
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

And I thought it was me. It is the most annoying thing. I was paranoid in and then was not about it. I saw it on new builds and old builds. I see it all the time now and cannot figure out what makes it happen.

Milt

I've no idea what this error is. I find that XaraX is very stable and get very few errors (maybe one a month). I have Macromedia MX 2004 and I get far more errors from this program.
    I would suggest that you uninstall Xara and reinstall it, not forgetting to install the latest patch. See if the errors continue.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

May be your system corrupted and something work wrong. Try to reinstall Windows XP.

So!, FAx
    www.artin.ru | fax@goody.ru | icq 39779414
    www.livejournal.com/users/faxenoff
    russian ux designer
    faxenoff@gmail.com

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello

Are you overclocking your Pentium.
    I did not know that there was a Pentium 1.9.

Overclocking can introduce instability.

Mike Engles

Do you have any other programs that don't behave very well?

Try booting Windows in "safe" mode and see if you have the same problems. In that case you'll have to deal with a crappy resolution, but it's one way to isolate the problem.

Thanks Milton, I did hope it was not just me with the problem.
    Good idea "Fax", now where is that installation CD that didn't arrive with the PC!
    Mike, my PC is bog standard with no tweaking on my part.
    Incidentally I have the same working set-up at home on a "MESH" 2.66GHz P4 and see the same problem there.
    Horatio, The problem is unique to XaraX as far as "Error 189" goes, but the constant stream of security patches that keep arriving from Micro$oft are causing problems with my CAD software. Fortunately the Tech support guys are quick to get patches out to keep me going with their software.
    I don't think "resolution" is a problem. I can wind it up until my eyes hurt but everything still works the same, so screen memory doesn't seem to be the problem. It would be nice to hear from Xara as to what the cryptic error codes mean.[img]null[/img]