Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Judi, I don't think you being female determines your art, but being from Oregon does [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Seriously, the name of the game is diversity. Gary and Ross are both very talented "artists", but their art is quite distinct from one another. The sex of the individual is not a determinant but variable which CAN reflect the way events are percieved and recorded (through art). Things were beginning to get a tiny bit "boring" here in Xara Land before you contributed your postings ... so, THANKS.

I think the bottom line is that its important for all of us to encourge others to participate in this forum. It will make it all that much more richer.

And Mark G., shouldn't Xara should make it a "requirement" that everyone in the organization (including Kate) post something of their handicraft in the forum.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

John - Regarding Xara employees: There was a thread that featured images by a few of them. It was pretty good. I wanted to put a link to it but I've been unable to find it. I searched and searched without success.

Regarding women and xara, maybe if there is some gender bias incorporated into the way the program is marketed (I'm not saying there is because I don't know), then perhaps it creates an opportunity. Someone could develop a site targeting female consumers that would pitch xara to them. Xara Ltd.'s xaraclub referal scheme could provide compensation.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Great flowers, SandDancr I especially like your finishing touch of adding the daisies.

The great thing about this forum is the great diversity of the art, methods and ideas people share. Not only does it speed up the learning curve, it really stimulates your creativeness. Posting an image can be scary, but I'll guarentee
    it will help you improve.

People shouldn't be afraid to ask "dumb" questions everyone occasionally has something they want to do and just can't figure it out. By posting a question, you will get several answers and one of them will most likely be worded in a way that clears the confusion.

I don't think Xara's marketing is gender or age based, Ross. If it is I didn't take the hint.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Judi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wanted to put a link to it but I've been unable to find it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Xara Gallery:

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=98519178&f=92119029&m=202194 52 81

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Hey gang:

I hope that we aren't biased in our marketing efforts. We try not to be in the way we communicate, but perhaps it is possible that our choice of magazine/site to advertise in may appeal more to males than females. So in a sense, maybe there is a bit of a bias out there.

Judi, Sanddancr, everyone, where do you normally get your graphics news/reviews? What sites or mags do you usually frequent? If you've never seen us there, perhaps now is the time to let us know and we'll see what we can do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

T