Jinny,

what a fantastic concept! Arranging space.

my initial thought was, "well space is intangible". How could you arrange space without handling it?

But when I thought more about it, I have to admit, that if you accept that space is intangible, then the only thing we can handle and arrange are the objects in space. That arrangement of objects can direct the flow of space around them. (kind of like the flow of chi or is it qui? ) And this very tidily adds to the discussion on composition and arranging positive and negative space.

Now here I have to confess, I had to read this particular post more than once. The first time my eyes glazed over at the mention of math. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So I came back when I was more in a mood to analyze [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . Then for some reason, I kept arguing in my head with you that the line was not 1/3 down the rectangle. . . I still had 1/3 on the brain [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

then, DUH, I realized .618 is not 1/3 (.3333ad nauseum) nor is it 2/3 (.6666ad nauseum)

hehe I wonder how the curve looks if you use the same division of lines trick with 1/3. and now I'll have to go follow the link to find out why they chose .618 in the first place.

thanks for taking the time to post this here.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Athena