Hi G-Bot,

Microsoft says that Win98 can have up to 1000 fonts, but they also say that depends on the length of the font names and the filenames. If the filenames average 10 charactors in length and the font names average about 20 characters then you can have 1000 fonts. If the names average more characters then you will be able to have fewer fonts installed.

When you use the Fonts applet in Control Panel to view your fonts, it displays the internal font names, not the filenames. If you see two identical names, you have two different filenames with the same internal font name. Windows will not let you install two filenames that are identical but it will allow to font names to be the same. This caused me some difficulty at one time, and took a long time to track down due to the large number of fonts I had installed.

I think XaraX is more prone to font related problems because it relies heavily on the registry entries for fonts. With 900 fonts installed on Win98 you may have surpassed the 64K registry limit.

Soquili