Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

My Friend Made this button for me and I have no clue how to use photoshop and I would like to know how he made it.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

My Friend Made this button for me and I have no clue how to use photoshop and I would like to know how he made it.

IP

Actually much easier than you'd think. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

New Doc.

FILTER/Render/3D Transform.

Grab the "cube tool" and create a number of various sized squares and rectangles. Just draw them over top of each other till you have say, 5-8 of them.
    (use your friend's pic or mine, as a guide if you like)

Pick the rotation ("trackball") tool, and rotate the blocks around completely - 360. Basically until all of the shaded sides are showing. And adjust the blacoks up & down to suit the perspective you want -- i.e. either looking down on them, or up to them. Use the PAN tool too to position the blocks if they start to extend outside the preview window area.

Open OPTIONS and choose the highest setting for both options. Click OK and the 3D blocks get rendered to your layer. Now just use the HUE&SAT filter to 'colourize' them to your liking.

And use the LEVELS filter to darken the block if you want to. Just move the center (mid grey) slider, and/or black slider.

Have fun! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d-transform.gif 
Views:	149 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	2485  
    IP