Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

several of the files i create will not print. Some print fine, others will always give me the same message:"An unexpected error occured in Crel Draw 9. Please save your cuurent document in another file, then quit and restart Corel Draw 9". Is this a common problem that someone has a quick-fix for, or am I going to have to spend the day on the phone with tech Support? I know, I'm asking for a miracle here.
    IP

several of the files i create will not print. Some print fine, others will always give me the same message:"An unexpected error occured in Crel Draw 9. Please save your cuurent document in another file, then quit and restart Corel Draw 9". Is this a common problem that someone has a quick-fix for, or am I going to have to spend the day on the phone with tech Support? I know, I'm asking for a miracle here.
    IP

Might be printer driver related.

First make sure you have both service packs applied to V9 as some issues with printer drivers conflicting with CorelDRAWs memory workspace were corrected.

Second make sure you have the latest printer driver from the manufacturer.

Also you could try installing a driver for a completely different printer make/model and setting up as a 'print to file' printer and see if you can successfully print to file.

I always have the Adobe PostScript printer driver setup on any computer I use regularly whether or not there is a PostScript printer attached or not.

The printer output file can then be run through Acrobat Distiller or the freeware GhostScript package for verification.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thanks Peter. As it turns out, yes it was my printer driver. I have multiple drivers installed for my laser printer, and by merely selecting the original driver, everything is printing normally. Thanks for the tip and I appreciate your help. Sorry I didn't get back right away to thank you, buy I had a problem finding the site. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP