Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am a novice in the web design area. As an "laid off" graphic designer I am desperate need of help. I am trying to build a portfolio site that is very basic for those employers who want to see my work.

I like the abilities Flash has and want to present my portfolio in Flash. I am using mainly alpha and some movement to make the images come alive. The current flash program I designed is too slow to load due to the graphics, which I compressed as much as I could without losing the quality of the images in Photoshop, when saving as a web graphic.

Is there a better way to compress some of my work without losing the quality and keeping the speed of the Flash design moving along?

If you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Flash does a good job on compressing files itself. You can set the compression for each file individually within flash and not use the global optimization on export. But maybe, you did this already?

One more point is that you should not compress lossy file formats like jpg within PS (or any other program) before you import into flash, because flash will re-optimized jpgs which causes the "copier effect".