Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm new to this list and Xara 3D and would like to ask that you all bear with me as I attempt to ask for help on this. Is it possible to make an image that resembles a circle with a line thru it? Similiar to the Ghostbusters symbol except I'd like to be able to add a letter in the circle, like a C or N. Is this possible in 3D. Not really sure where else to ask so I thought I'd post it here.
    I apologize in advance if this isn't the place. Would also appreciate a point in the right direction.

TIA..

Soory but I found that I had posted this in the wrong forum... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I will deny myself, but I will not be denied.

Hi marvc,

and a warm welcome to this forum!

You mean something like the one attached ?

That's pretty easy actually (once you know the hidden wonders of X3D that is ..)

<ul>[*]Create the striked through circle as a graphic (best in Xara X) and import it into X3D[*]In the text editor type the desired character right after the circle.[*]Position the character inside the circle using "Tracking" and "Baseline Shift"[*]Close the Text Editor, click "Show/Hide cursor". Select each of the two objects and adjust color and bevel as you wish[/list]

Easy, wasn't it ??
    And best of all, your letter stays fully editable, so you can change from b to c or any other letter ...

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's easy and fun with Xara3D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man those are sweeet!!!
    I haven't gotten around to purchasing Xara X yet. All I have is Webstyle & 3D, but it's next on the list. I attempted to creat this in 3D but couldn't get everything centered. Am I to assume it's not possible in 3D?

I will deny myself, but I will not be denied.

Hi marvc,

I would say it's hardly possible in X3D *alone*.

Things to try instead:

* Download the trial of Xara X from www.xara.com
    It is only time limited and you will be able to create you graphics anyway you wish.

* Create it in another vector graphic tool (yuck!) and save it as WMF or even better EMF. You can import those into X3D (full version) as well.

If all fails, here is the 'striked through circle' in .xar format. You can use it if you like.

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files