Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: monkey

Just finished...

This is a color exercise. My first post with "real" thought to color theory. The main characters; the lady and the monkey, aswell as the fruit are Xara clip art.

It is a simple triadic color scheme with all colours brought down a notch or two in value.

What do you think?

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monkey.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	2463  

Just finished...

This is a color exercise. My first post with "real" thought to color theory. The main characters; the lady and the monkey, aswell as the fruit are Xara clip art.

It is a simple triadic color scheme with all colours brought down a notch or two in value.

What do you think?

Risto

Hi Risto,

The colours work very well together. I also like the composition. Very Good work.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Risto

Having written a book on color, I can tell you that color theory is the left-brained approach to what artists do naturally using their right brains [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I like the palm tree a lot.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Soquili, you must agree (as a painter) that it is amazing that you can just pick up objects and move them around until you find a "home" for them.

Gary, I just find that limiting the color choices (within the "rules" of color theory) forces me to try new things.

Looking at the drawing a day or two later, I find that the color on the lower parts the girl's legs are a little bit to saturated. Grrr... there is always something.

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't know anything about colour theory but I knows what I like [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I likes the colours in this one - saturated pantyhose and all.

She's carrying a pineapple - the symbol of hospitality. I wonder is she waiting to welcome the giant creature that layed that huge egg in the lower right foreground. If so, she is brave!

(Sorry, Risto I'm just having fun).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

There is something about this picture. May be its the moon and the reflection in the water. Or is it the reflection on the girl, or is it the tree? All I know is I like it!