Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I need some advice on how to create a close window button for my Flash page. Let me say that this is not a pop up window but rather a panel that slides in from off of the screen. I want to attach a button to the panel that reverses the animation causing the panel to move off of the screen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    IP

I need some advice on how to create a close window button for my Flash page. Let me say that this is not a pop up window but rather a panel that slides in from off of the screen. I want to attach a button to the panel that reverses the animation causing the panel to move off of the screen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    IP

um...is the entire page flash? how are u sliding it in? if the sliding is done within flash, then just create a button that jumps to a frame (or scene) which animates the slide. then, at the end of that sequence (or scene) put a frame action of gotoandstop to go to where the slide in animation starts. the next time they click to slide it back on screen, just play the animation.

if you're sliding it in using dhtml then you can just use the same code that u used to slide it on to slide it off - just reverse the direction.

perhaps i'm missing something? if you can give us a bit more detail on what you're doing and how you're sliding it on screen?

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO