Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stecyk I am definitely going to get Painter 7 thats for sure as it has Photoshop over a barrel for natural media effect.I have painter classic which came bundled with my Intuos I found the interface quite confusing and I just thought I will wait and upgrade to Painter 6 at some time in the future and now that 7 is coming I am more than interested in getting a copy.

What I am trying to do is integrate what I think are the best platforms together ie Painter Photoshop and a 3d program which I should have shortly and I think that combination is what I will stick with.

Ya I do some ethereal surrealist stuff as its good practise for compositing,and also some Sci Fi and other bits and pieces too just anything I find a challenge really.

I will dig up that portait for you guys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

This was done with a normal HB pencil at the time and just later scanned straight in to my puter.This would be my favorite portrait of all the ones I have done to date. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plenty-coups.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	9586  
    IP

stu, that's great. what exactly did you do with it in photoshop?

stecyk66
    IP

Hi Kiwi,
    Thanks for your posting. You do have a nice touch with the pencil.It is always nice to see other folk's work. Did you do anything to your scan with Painter classic, or just Photoshop?
    IP

Thanks guys.

The pencil sketch I did some work on in Photoshop is a different image to the one above.I thought it would be a bit cheeky posting a Photoshop pic in the Painter forum,but if you would like to see it I will dig it up for yas.Its just the sketch colored and composited with some indian imagery.And it was actually while trying to color the sketch that I decided I need Painter,I also do quite a few landscapes/seascapes as well and I like a more natural media effect than say PS and I cant wait to be able to use impasto for the waves in a seascape instead of trying and failing to emboss the brush strokes in PS to get an impasto effect and being more than tempted to play kick around the Imac.....hahahaaa

Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP