Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just thought I'd share a small update to this image. It tured out that the monitor and resolution had a really wierd aspect ratio compared to other computers. Everyone else was seeing the image much longer than I was. But, having put my computer back onto my 22" monitor after the Christmas break, I was able to fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manga_woman_colour_ver2.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1249  

Strangely enough ... I like it better the other way. Long or short ... it's a great drawing

Hey Martin,

Now it looks like she put on a couple o pounds... Still looks good tho.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Time to look up and to the right <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you mean? Politically?

Just curious.

Gary

Gary,

My guess is "up and too the right" = time to be creative. When a person is attempting to make something up, either creatively or lying they look up and to the right. To remember they look up and to the left. It could have a double political meaning or I could just be smoking crack and it's something completely different, but that's my guess.

BTW, nice work on the anime.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How do you mean? Politically? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An interesting point you raise

What you actually read there was my signature that I set for the account. Not the most useful place to put it non-the-less. I guess it works differently here than most other sites.

But, yes, what does the statement mean?

Reading another forum, somone explained about the dynamics of photography and framing. It took the idea that a person in a photo who is looking to the left is thinking about the past. If they look to the right, they are thinking about the future. If they look down, it is a sad thought and if they look up, it is a happy and promising thought.

I guess, I can leave you to work the rest out .

Martin

Well now ... THAT's going to get confusing. The next time I take a group shot I'm going to remember this post and tell everyone to look UP and to the RIGHT ... only afterward will I realize that in my PHOTO they'll be looking to the LEFT