There are literally tons of apps out there that offer many fine tools for the creative artist, each app with it's own approach to applying the goods...

However...

When all is said and done, the apps are downloaded and tried out, the verdict, at least in my case, is usually the same...

Stick to the main apps of recognition and choice throughout the industry, while always keeping one eye open for the few gems that do manage to surface from time to time...Like ZBrush for instance...

There are truly only a handful of paint apps that rock...while the rest offer this and that but in all reality all fall short in too many areas to matter much beyond the trials...

1)Painter- this one is a no brainer, by far the most popular paint app on the planet...

2)Deep Paint- I don't really know how many of you have used this stand alone PS plug in, but it really is a top notch paint app... It is my favorite paint app...for now...then there's the next one...

3)ZBrush- is an app unto it's own...the approach in ZBrush is somewhat unique, the scope of this app is huge, and thus, so is the time factor required to become friendly enough with the app so as to move out of the test and toss period and move into the create and it works for you period...but from that point on, there is a pretty good chance that ZBrush becomes the paint app of choice...It's just to powerful of an app not to include into the must have department of your tool box...

4)Expression- wow, very unique indeed...vector painting...this app takes some time to get used to but holds a ton of potential for those who are patient enough to tweak those strokes just so...For me, this is one of those gems that may become very handy from time to time...because unlike PD, Expression offers a approach that is truly unique...

So there ya have it folks, IMHO, it is better to spend your time exploring and practicing with these paint apps, especially the top three, and thus investing your time into your craft, rather than spending your time exploring for apps that might hold a few great tools, but really don't offer near what the industry standard tools do...

Speaking of industry standards, there is always PS v7's new Paint Engine to consider in this category... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]