Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

I am interested in figuring out how to use the mold tool or some other tool within XaraX to create a curtain blowing in the breeze type of effect?

I saw the window frame created by Ric Heaton in my Christmas Tree post (VERY nice!! by the way, Ric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and I thought, hmmmm wouldn't that be nice to have the window opened up a bit and have a shear curtain blowing out towards the viewer??

Can't figure it out. I know the mould tool comes into play somewhere but I am to new at this to know what other steps to take.

Thanks loads

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi,

I am interested in figuring out how to use the mold tool or some other tool within XaraX to create a curtain blowing in the breeze type of effect?

I saw the window frame created by Ric Heaton in my Christmas Tree post (VERY nice!! by the way, Ric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) and I thought, hmmmm wouldn't that be nice to have the window opened up a bit and have a shear curtain blowing out towards the viewer??

Can't figure it out. I know the mould tool comes into play somewhere but I am to new at this to know what other steps to take.

Thanks loads

RAMWOlff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Really pressed for time, so this was quick and dirty. Two rectangles with the default envelope applied and manipulated. Two duplicates on top of those with grey fill and repeating linear transparency. No time for details, but the mould tool is a good approach to this. And thanks for the kudos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenwindow2.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	17249  

Here ya go, or you could go over here to read Gary's tutorial covering a similar technique but more detailed then mine. Hope this is what you were looking for (Yea, they're both on flags, but same technique)

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flagtut.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	7758  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve, did you ever notice what the mould tool did to your nice, even stars?

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

What if I wanted to do a ruffle on a shirt sleave?? I would spend hours cutting the thing into pieces and then applying the mold tool to all the parts putting it back together again, combine/add shapes and then trying to find a linear fill that would look good on it for lighting effects.

I like the mold tool but I think it is limited. Is it possible to ask Xara Ltd. to expand on the capabilities of this tool??

Example, what say I draw a very squiggly line, then draw a rectangle then want to mold the rectangle to the squiggly (can't spell that one)line. It should work somehow, but it seems that in order to create a complex effect I have to create it in sections then put it back together again.

Guess for the time being I won't be doing that kind of work with this program. Unless there is another solution to this request. The curtains were a disaster for me and I was trying for over 2 hours to get it right. Quite frustrating!! It just didn't look good enough. A simple flow is easy to achieve but a complex, extra curvy flow seems not so easy to achieve.

HELP???

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

If this is too laborious in Xara (I don't really know, being a beginner ... but maybe some guru will still wheel out a stupendous technique), then what I would probably do is use a bitmap programme (e.g. Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro) and create the curtain in that; using maybe the JAMA plugin (available from Redfield Plugins). Then import the bitmap curtain into Xara ... or perhaps even use the bitmap as a fill. Just an idea, and likely not the best solution.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta