Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My mural

Here is a picture of the mural that I am creating for a Festival/fair for this company called digi-quest. They are doing a water/forrest exibit, and a lot of it will be digital, such as they are creating a digital waterfall. THis is only one thing that I am doing, cuz i have to also paint some waterfalls, but this is it so far. I may still touch up a few things. Comments are very wanted [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00002.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	16202  

Here is a picture of the mural that I am creating for a Festival/fair for this company called digi-quest. They are doing a water/forrest exibit, and a lot of it will be digital, such as they are creating a digital waterfall. THis is only one thing that I am doing, cuz i have to also paint some waterfalls, but this is it so far. I may still touch up a few things. Comments are very wanted [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I think its wonderful. looks like fun to me.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

and Fun! Painting on walls leaglly is fun!

I agree... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] must be lots of fun... keep up the great work [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Murals are loads of fun!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=8541949815
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

i have done several murals ranging from a full room(4 walls ans a cieling) to the floors of gymnaisums. It is a lot of fun. Exspecially when you get paid hope you are learning from it too. I allways did. Looks great too. Impressed.

Nice composition [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

For a landscape mural the thing that makes them really work is depth.For depth I use warm colors like brown oranges,yellows and mixtures of them for foreground colors,and blue dark greens etc and darker cool colors for receding areas to really highlight the effect of depth [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The one thing I find the most important is if you going for realism or even semi realism is reference material and lots of it.

Stu.

I am crap at explanations,so here is a painting I am working on off and on in P shop to give you a better idea of what I meant [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope you dont mind as I dont want to be burgling your thread Nicole.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landscape.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	16073