Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This is anoying, just got Photoshop CS2 runing and it's great in almost all aspects, but,
    when I rezie an object or a marking (ctrl+t)
    and enter values manually for example 650px width and 650px height for some reason PS adds a pixel (but not always???!!!) and the object end up being 651x651px or some times it goes the other way from 173x173px to 172x172px..
    Why why why????
    Since I work a lot with web it's essential to be able to slice up in exact pixels.

Pls if anyone got a clue let me know!

/ Roland
    IP

I'm using PS7, and have the same problem. It was also an issue in PS6. The scaling in pixels doesn't seem to work accurately.

It seems to have a problem if you jump to high. Not sure if this is precisely the problem you are experiencing, but my solution is to apply the correct sizes again and all is fine.

Sark
    IP

The only thing I can suggest is that you take an exact size rectangle, and paste it as a layer above/below. Then use a free transform with the snap to object/guide and manually resize it. You can then recod it as an action or a batch process.... That's a workaround...
    IP

One point I forgot to mention was that the property bar size boxes display inaccurately, but the Info palette is always correct, odd!!!

Sark
    IP

it's a very complex problem in the coding of the software (or so i have been told). I experince a similar problem. I find that when resizing my picture, lets say i wanted to go from 50x50 to 400x400, it will add the extra pixel. However if I go from 50x50 to 100x100, and then 200x200, and then 400x400, it works. Hope this helped! :P
    IP