Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In February's Computer Arts edition there is a great review on Xara X1. It gives our software as we all know an excellent review, stating that you could buy several copies of Xara and still have change when compared to Illustator.

The review states the only downside to the programme is the limited "sharpening, rotating and croping" of bitmaps. The mag was told that this will be upgraded to accommodate a range of Adobe PS plugins.

The 4 1/2 stars which the programme received from the mag is exactly the same as FreeHand and Illustrator but in their buyers guide section Freehand gets the reccommendation as the best.

Thats two great reviews in this mag over the last 3 months if you include the tut of the Aston Martin and this must be the way that Xara goes if it is to increase the number of users.

Still my main gripe is Xara's lack of ability to export PDF's without going and using "Print to File" and having some sort of software to do this. So that is my big request for the develoment team in England to include some form of export as a PDF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara1_review.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	1094  
    Design is thinking made visual.

In February's Computer Arts edition there is a great review on Xara X1. It gives our software as we all know an excellent review, stating that you could buy several copies of Xara and still have change when compared to Illustator.

The review states the only downside to the programme is the limited "sharpening, rotating and croping" of bitmaps. The mag was told that this will be upgraded to accommodate a range of Adobe PS plugins.

The 4 1/2 stars which the programme received from the mag is exactly the same as FreeHand and Illustrator but in their buyers guide section Freehand gets the reccommendation as the best.

Thats two great reviews in this mag over the last 3 months if you include the tut of the Aston Martin and this must be the way that Xara goes if it is to increase the number of users.

Still my main gripe is Xara's lack of ability to export PDF's without going and using "Print to File" and having some sort of software to do this. So that is my big request for the develoment team in England to include some form of export as a PDF.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Freehand is the weakest of all the vector drawing applications. I am not even sure that Macromedia is doing much development of Freehand any more. They seem to be concentrating on their web development products.

Still, great news for Xara. And if they had bothered to look at XPE instead of the old bitmap editing tools, they would have seen a heck of a lot more bitmap editing power than most applications.

Gary