Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hey guys, ive been browsing this forum for a week or so unregistered and i am very impressed by the quality of information around this corner of the web. so maybe someone can help me with an effect i want to create?

you see, i am doing a powerpoint presentation on jack the ripper for a school project, and of course we're getting marked on presentation. now my goal is to make a good impression with the first slide and i decided to make the heading using some beautiful fire text and to have drops of blood dripping from this text with a pool of blood at the bottom of the slide.

its the drops and pool of blood that's got me stumped. i found a dripping slime tutorial that can be adapted to make a blood drop effect, but the effect turned out to look like it was blood running down a wall, while the effect i wanted was actual drops of blood placed on my image to give a dripping effect. the pool of blood is an optional feature i thought would look cool.

finally, i'll admit that the above effect would look 10x better as an animation, but i have no experience with imageready, so animating this effect would be very hard.

any help is greatly appreciated...
    IP

hey guys, ive been browsing this forum for a week or so unregistered and i am very impressed by the quality of information around this corner of the web. so maybe someone can help me with an effect i want to create?

you see, i am doing a powerpoint presentation on jack the ripper for a school project, and of course we're getting marked on presentation. now my goal is to make a good impression with the first slide and i decided to make the heading using some beautiful fire text and to have drops of blood dripping from this text with a pool of blood at the bottom of the slide.

its the drops and pool of blood that's got me stumped. i found a dripping slime tutorial that can be adapted to make a blood drop effect, but the effect turned out to look like it was blood running down a wall, while the effect i wanted was actual drops of blood placed on my image to give a dripping effect. the pool of blood is an optional feature i thought would look cool.

finally, i'll admit that the above effect would look 10x better as an animation, but i have no experience with imageready, so animating this effect would be very hard.

any help is greatly appreciated...
    IP

Hi BiTmAp...
    Welcome to the board. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Do you have PS6 or 7?

That'll make some dif because of PS7's new brush engine.

I have a decent Action i can give you, but you'll still need to paint the drops.
    IP

whoah fast reply, cheers man

in regard to your question; i currently have PS7.
    IP

Ok well... here's what the effect basically looks like. You can still mod the Style if ya like also. Ya might wanna play with the shadow setting a little.

Just download and open this PSD file. It has 2 things in it:

1) a layer with the image you see below. This layer will have the STYLE i created applied to it. Just save the Style to YOUR STyle palette.

2) a black version of this paint splat, which you'll turn on by itself and Define as a Brush. So "hide" the other 2 layers while you do this.

Once you've defined the splat as a brush, just set your brush options to these settings:

1) Shape Dynamics / Size Jitter = 100%
    2) Scattering / Scatter = your own setting here
    And make sure the "Count" is only on 1.

Apply the brush to your canvas and you'll see what happens. From there, adjust the settings to your own needs.

Hope that helps. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

And here's the PSD file i mentioned...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IP

cheers mark,

the technique u described worked like a charm!

ur help is much appreciated.
    IP

IP