Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Landscape

just simply amazing. i love it in every way it is amazing to see the progress from the beginning to the end.

my hats off to you Mike. Really nice. The critters can wait, this scene looks lovely all by itself!! It's very "live" feeling to me.

With or without horses, I want to live THERE!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I would have given it five had it had some rabid squirrels in there! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It is a fantastic looking place, Mike! I would not mind to live in a place like that.

You made it all come together so well, I'm impressed!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Nicole, Richard, and Risto
    Thank you very much for your kind comments and thanks to whomever give this post its rating. I really appreciate it very much.
    Risto: Actually there is a squirrel that lives in the foreground pine tree. He just hasn't made his appearance yet. However, I don't think he is rabid.

Mike

Definitely 5 stars Mike!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I was going to get camping but the campsite is infested by diseased squriels does that mean they escaped from your painting? maybe that is why they didnt show up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

It is looking great Mike! Good work. The trees look much better now. I don't know about squirrels. HOw about a bear?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Yes! That's it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well done Mike - it's looking much better now and has certainly evolved well from the first posting.

The only thing that catches my eye now is the water fall being very bright at the top. I was thinking the water would initially be darker as if falls off the edge, progressively getting whiter as it begins to "spray". Hey, I could be wrong about that as it's been years since I saw a real waterfall!

Good work!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

for taking so long to reply but I had a lot of work come in all at once and was so busy I didn't know if I was scratching my watch or winding my butt.

Richard: I should have known it was you that gave me the rating. You are always there with encouragement and helpful suggestions. Thanks!
    Nicole: I think it is safe to go camping now because I have found out my squirrel and all those sick ones where you live went to Risto's house to take up residence in his computer.
    Bruce: Thanks. How about a mule deer buck instead of a bear?
    Graeme: You got me to thinking about the waterfall so I searched for some pics of them and came to this conclusion. A large amount of water exiting a narrow opening will look like what I have drawn and water falling over a wide opening will look like what you described. I did notice that the water in the pics started breaking up as it fell so I made that change.
    I think this is the final version of this project. Thanks all.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landscape7.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	14060  

I like the stormy clouds...very nice touch. I think you nailed the waterfall now, for sure!

dafipp