Look, Bill, what I really meant to say was that sometimes you just come over as trying too hard. Tempting as it can be (for all of us!) to keep trying to explain everything at length all the time, sometimes it's just best to hold back and let things be.

For what it's worth, if you'd simply presented the image as one inspired by the story that inspired you, without incorporating the name and quotation into the artwork (yes, I know it was part of the whole concept), I think your stance on 'creating' and your 'own visual interests' might have made a lot more sense. But I can assure you that I have read your posts carefully and can usually see where you're coming from &#8212 it's just that (and don't I know it from bitter experience?) sometimes trying too hard can only make things worse. (Think of 'the lady doth protest too much' from Hamlet, Act 3, Scene 2!)

No, I don't want to see you hounded from the forums (I'm not like that, believe me!) and I don't believe anyone else does either. Sorry if I came on too strong, but please just think about it some more, Bill.

All the best [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>