Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's a step by step mini tutorial
    1: Open My Documents
    2: File / New / Folder
    3: Name this new folder 'Xara3d5'

Close My Documents
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	266 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	4660  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

4: Open Xara3D
    5: File / Save As
    6: Browse through the file structure to My Docements / Xara3D5
    7: Inside the Xara3D Folder, click on the new folder icon (highlighted). This step is in the next post after this one. Out of sequence I'm afraid.
    8: Name this new folder 'Lorraine' (or what ever suits you, it could be 'Banner').
    9: Now save the Xara3D file as 'Banner.x3d'

Views:	281 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	6913  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Step 7 (out of sequence, sorry)

Views:	256 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	9173  
    Egg

10: Create the text effect you require in Xara3D.
    11: Import the Background Texture via the View / Background Texture. ( I recommend keeping a copy of any Background & Text texture files in the same folder you save the Xara3D file in)
    12: When your happy just hit Save
    13: TO EXPORT YOUR ANIMATION ~ File / Export Animation.
    14: Select the same folder My Documents / Xara3D / Lorraine.
    15: Choose the gif option.
    16: Name it 'lorraine_ani' or whatever suits and hit Save

You will now have an animated gif ready to post here or on a web page.

Views:	258 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	11429  
    Egg

Finally a screen grab of the folder My Computer / Xara3D / Lorraine.
    You can see that all the files you need for this Xara3D project are neatly in 1 folder. It makes it far easier to edit for future use.
    Create any new Xara3D projects in the file My Computer / Xara3D and create a new folder for each new project,
    Egg

Views:	278 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	13685  
    Egg

One final point worth mentioning. Animated gifs can be very large, they may look great but if there going to take 10 seconds to download (only 40 Kbs file size) then any visitors patience will be getting close to leaving long before they see your masterpiece.
    Egg
    Egg

Egg!! how wonderful, I just stoped in, and only can stay to post my reply, I'm printing this out, and will be back as soon as I can, so I can work on it, Will let you know how I make out...Thank you so much http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I just wanted you know I got it, will be back.
    Lorraine

Testing

Well I don't know what to say, I sure didn't do it right, but I was able to post the text graphics, but not with the banner, It might take me a little more time, but with your tut, I'll get it.

I tried to post the 3DBanner.x3d, but it comes up with having to open it, and saving it to the computer.

I'm going to start from the beginning, I have my banner saved, and the animated font, so I'll see what happens.

Anyway, I was able to learn how to save those two.

Now I have to learn which file I need to bring up in the forum so there together.

If that font is too big, you can delete it, or let me know, and I'll delete it.

Back to the drawing board, but will be back.

Lorraine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lorraine
    Glad to have helped. The animations fine, only about 23 Kb's
    Egg
    Egg

Hi Egg,

I think I know what I'm doing wrong http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/redface.gif

First I'll tell you what I'm trying to do...

I'm trying to make a banner to put on a forum I'm on, with the animated text...

I started fresh and did a sample using the tut you gave me. As I kept going over it, I realized I can't do what I thought I could do.

I was thinking when I brought up the banner, and put the animated text on it, that I could save both together, and put it in a post at the Forum, so they could check it out.

Now I'm realizing you can only save the text, to add to the forum...so some how, I have to put the banner someplace and than bring the anamated text in, and add it to the banner, is this correct??

The 3DBanner.x3d is both the banner, and the animated text, just the way I want it, but when I try to add it to the Forum, it brings up the whole Xara3D program up with both, and not just the banner and animated text, and the lorraine_ani.gif brings up the animated text.

Boy!, I sure hope I'm not confusing you too much, because I know I'm going to need more help on this.

I did learn a lot, now to try and get both on the forum at the same time.

Believe me I appreciate all the help you guys have giving me, and sure hope you will keep helping me with this project. and not get too discourage with me.

Well off to bed for me, it's 12:33AM here.

Thanks so much,
    Lorraine