Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Two things--

You got stuck on part of my site because my wife and I are "hot swapping" a much better site--in chunks over the week---to the same URL. "The line was busy", as it were, when you called on us.

Second, I was remiss in not posting an example of my texture in an art piece. See attached,

Always compliant,
    Occasionally vulgar,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brick_example.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	2627  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Nothing fancy, as I am still learning. But maybe someone will find these usefull. Anybody that would like these email me (randy@rrives.com) and I will email them. Or if Gary thinks it is better I will post the 256x256 images here.

The tile texture was done in Xara and Photoshop. In Xara I made two rectanges one black 256x256 and a white on a little smaller. Then I did a 20 step blend between the two. I then used the star shap and did the same thing. This was the bump map. I made the same image for the color map.

I cheated on the plaid texture. I used Painter's weave function to create a 256x256 image for the color map. Then I made a greyscale image, and increase the contrast for the bump map.

The image is just a simple room I put together to show the textures and the desk I modeled.

--Randy

Name:	Room_WithTextures.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	14626  

Thanks for your contribution, Randy.

HEY, folks...there's no shame, qualification, or reluctance on this thread, or we'll never learn anytning from one another, okay?

BTW, Randy, I use Painter's Weave function incessantly to cover furniture, like a sofa.

Then I put plastic over it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I saw this thread last week and haven't been back around till today thinking there'd be a least a dozen or so entries by now. Strange how some topics are hit and miss. I thought this one would have no problem catching fire.

Anyway, I saw Gary's plea for some response on this so I whipped up a texture in corelTexture, then brought it into Bryce (as pict) with the intention of creating rust. Here it is. I love textures in any shape or form and don't spend nearly enough time experimenting.

Cheers all, Wayne

[This message was edited by "W" on August 10, 2001 at 10:41.]

Name:	rust_exercise3.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	6636  

That's a good texture Wayne. Ya know, a lot of people, even Corel users, really have no clue how powerful Corel Texture is. I just wish Corel would have taken it further and developed a full-time texture creation program. Just a little side program to accompany Photo-Paint, but one that would be of unparalleled value.

Thanks for posting! I myself am most interested in these contests, but as things go sometimes it's just not possible to enter. For the past 3 weeks I've been trouble shooting a computer upgrade. The tech support folks have only made it worse, and in the end I've come to the conclusion that it's just one of those rare incompatibility issues that neither company will admit. Anyhow, I'm selling the new motherboard/cpu/ram, and the NEW NEW ones should be arriving today. Then I gotta reinstall everything, setup everything, etc, etc, and after all those etc's, it's hard to say if there'll be time to make this contest.

But I'll be game for all other contests. =)

Thanks for your contribution, Wayne---

HEY, EVERYONE, the context ends next week!!!!

Just a point of information for non CorelDRAW users,

...you can buy Texture Creator by Three-D graphics, as a standalone application. Go to their site for pricing.

Wayne, Earl...I *really* like the wood textures in the program, agree?

Kindest Regards,

Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Yes Gary! Agreed! That's the one I've used the most. You can use their wood procedurals to create some very unique, and high quality grain. Sure, if you use the default's it'll look like Corel Texture Wood - but it really gives you enough options to get something that's unique. Especially if you go and touch it up afterwards.

This is one of my sand textures.I made it in Photoshop and am yet to make a bump for it that I am completely happy with.

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Sand--2-copy.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	13381  

Hi, Folks. I don't know if this qualifies or not. I made it in CorelD3D with the shaders editor after trying to make blue glass for my logo. then I adapted it for water. The marble is one that's in there already only with the colors inverted and the wall behind is just a flood fill in PHOTOPAINT.

This is the beginnings of an animation I'm working on where the fountain will be spalshing and the water changing into something else (you'll all have to wait for that).

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Name:	close.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	17439