Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can you create animated text in X3D and export-import to Xara X retaining the unique animation? Xara X seems to do its own thing with animation, which is a simple on/off state that cycles x number of times per your input value.

Hope someone can tell me that these two programs handshake, retaining the unique features of each program!

Thanks!

Gary

Can you create animated text in X3D and export-import to Xara X retaining the unique animation? Xara X seems to do its own thing with animation, which is a simple on/off state that cycles x number of times per your input value.

Hope someone can tell me that these two programs handshake, retaining the unique features of each program!

Thanks!

Gary

I'm not quite with you? Can you explain what you're trying to achieve.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg, for your response! After re-reading my post, it is difficult to follow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Let me try again:

1. I created a red rectangle in Xara X.

2. I created a yellow "doggie bone" in the same window, and superimposed it on the rectangle. 3. After saving the image(s), I created animated text in Xara 3D4.

4. I tried importing and exporting the 3D4 animated text into my Xara X image(s). At this point, I first started having trouble. Could not load, find or recognize the file or format. I copied to my notepad and pasted into Xara X. This appeared to work with the exception of the animated text not animating properly in Xara X.

5. I exported as an animated gif into MS FrontPage 2002. Everything appeared normal with the exception of the animated 3D4 text -- it did not work.

I am attaching the 3D4 file so you can see exactly what effect I am trying to achieve. (This is what I am trying to export/import into Xara X rectanble/bone image. Text will be superimposed on the rectangle/bone. Hope this is clearer than my first post!

Incidentally, this is by far the best & friendliest forum I have run across! It seems that someone can provide answers / solutions to any problem you may have!

Thanks again! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary Carrier

[This message was edited by WebPro on July 24, 2002 at 09:16.]

[This message was edited by WebPro on July 24, 2002 at 09:18.]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forgot the Xara X file in gif format. The .xar file did not display correctly. Don't know why! Here it is!

Gary

[This message was edited by WebPro on July 24, 2002 at 09:48.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rectbone.gif 
Views:	273 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	5476  

Gary,

once again, you are doing it the wrong way around.
    Make the bone in Xara X, import into X3D (Background texture), do your text and export from THERE.
    There is no reason why you would want to do it the other way. And it don't work anyway as you found out already.

Apart from that, I have no idea where you want to use your image, but I hope it's gonna be an inTRAnet. Any other way, people will go mad about the time it takes to load.

The example below is resized, downsampled and highly optimized. And it still has 46 kB. That is too much already, but in the original size it would have been like over 200 kB.

Hope that helps ...

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  

... and here's the .x3d
    You'll either have to play around with the window size before exporting or crop it later in another program like GIF Movie Gear.

Or just wait for Xara 3D 5 and then use the new "view frame" feature [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.yump.com/images/wolfgang_run.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wolfgang,

Thank you very much. That is the way I wanted it to turn out. I think I understand the wrong step(s) I took! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

You are definitely right about download time - I doubt that many would wait - I wouldn't!

At any rate, the forum's gang proves what a great program Xara is. And, it is folk like you that sold me on Xara! Thanks again!

Gary