Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm new to Photoshop 7, and I have a question I really hope someone can help me with. When I do a site mockup for someone, I like to do it with Photoshop, but the other day, when I went to change some text on the template, it said it could not save my text changes as there was not enough RAM...my computer should have enough RAM, and I have upped the paging file size, but to no avail....any suggestions? I didn't have this problem with the prev. version of photoshop...
    IP

I'm new to Photoshop 7, and I have a question I really hope someone can help me with. When I do a site mockup for someone, I like to do it with Photoshop, but the other day, when I went to change some text on the template, it said it could not save my text changes as there was not enough RAM...my computer should have enough RAM, and I have upped the paging file size, but to no avail....any suggestions? I didn't have this problem with the prev. version of photoshop...
    IP

Do you have your Photoshop 'swap file/scratch disk" set to your C: drive?

Uping your page file size will not particularily address this problem. I'd suggest you put that back where it was. Just to be safe. Modifying that OS setting can produce undesired results and flakey system performance issues.
    IP

I'm not sure what you mean, like I said...still new to this..can explain how to check/change my swapfile to C?
    IP

Edit/Preferences/Plug-Ins & Scratch Disks
    IP

Yes, and the usual standard is to NOT assign your scratch disk to the same hard drive that your OS is installed on. If you're able to, assign it to a completely different drive/partition.

I believe the PS Help files talk about this subject.
    IP