Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been a PhotoImpact user for years. I purchased the latest version 8.0. I used the new program
    like I have used the previous versions, editing and optimizing my jpegs for the web. I used the same settings.
    After complaints from customers that down
    loading the latest jpegs were taking for ever. I did a lot of checking then remembered the only thing that I had done different was I had used the new version of photoimpact 8.0 instead of my old version 6. to optimize. After doing some checking I soon discovered that there is a problem with the optimizer in the new version. That it does not otimize like the previous versions and my jpegs were huge files that took three time as long to down load. I re did the jpegs in 6 and the jpegs were small files like they should have been using 8.0. I called Ulead support and they did notice a problem but did not know how to fix it. I was offered a refund. I really love the version 8.0 except for this problem. Has anyone else noticed this problem or know of a fix.
    M
    IP

I have been a PhotoImpact user for years. I purchased the latest version 8.0. I used the new program
    like I have used the previous versions, editing and optimizing my jpegs for the web. I used the same settings.
    After complaints from customers that down
    loading the latest jpegs were taking for ever. I did a lot of checking then remembered the only thing that I had done different was I had used the new version of photoimpact 8.0 instead of my old version 6. to optimize. After doing some checking I soon discovered that there is a problem with the optimizer in the new version. That it does not otimize like the previous versions and my jpegs were huge files that took three time as long to down load. I re did the jpegs in 6 and the jpegs were small files like they should have been using 8.0. I called Ulead support and they did notice a problem but did not know how to fix it. I was offered a refund. I really love the version 8.0 except for this problem. Has anyone else noticed this problem or know of a fix.
    M
    IP

Hmmm...I can't say that I've seen a problem like you're having. If anything, I am getting better quality JPG's at smaller file sizes with 75% compression than I ever did with PI5 through 7 at the same setting. I'm wondering if you're using the Subsampling "None" option, which creates slightly larger files with higher quality? If so, try YUV411 or YUV422 (slightly larger file size but better quality). Otherwise, I just don't know what might be going on.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP

The problem has been solved. Ulead just informed me that in version 7 and 8 they made a change in saving jpeg files. If you use either version and use small jpegs for your websites you must copy the jpeg after you edit it and then save it as a new file and then optimize it.
    If you don't you will get a file that will load in 6 seconds instead of 1 second. This is a lot of extra work for someone that uses PhotoImpact to edit jpegs. Trust me.... 6 seconds doesn't sound like much but its much to a customer waiting for a picture to load. Customers contacting me and asking why were my new pictures taking so long to load is how I discovered this problem.
    M

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stephaniebt:
    Hmmm...I can't say that I've seen a problem like you're having. If anything, I am getting better quality JPG's at smaller file sizes with 75% compression than I ever did with PI5 through 7 at the same setting. I'm wondering if you're using the Subsampling "None" option, which creates slightly larger files with higher quality? If so, try YUV411 or YUV422 (slightly larger file size but better quality). Otherwise, I just don't know what might be going on.

http://www.eastofthesun.com
    http://www.eastofthesun.com/classes....></BLOCKQUOTE>
    IP

That's good info to have and thanks for letting us know about Ulead's response.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP

Select anything, copy, paste and optimize through right click.... saving something as a jpeg then optimizing and saving once again is simply a dual procedure..... saving any jpeg twice will shrink the file size obviously, this goes without saying, but, the quality of the file is also degraded.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on November 02, 2002 at 10:44.]
    IP