Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bouquet

Well Ross, I'm not sure if this is you're idea, my idea, an idea spawned from your idea, or a completely different idea of it's own, but I like it! I made blends from different Fractal plasma shapes to get floral designs. None of these flowers were meant to be any certain species, just spontanious designs. Enjoy

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	7413  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Well Ross, I'm not sure if this is you're idea, my idea, an idea spawned from your idea, or a completely different idea of it's own, but I like it! I made blends from different Fractal plasma shapes to get floral designs. None of these flowers were meant to be any certain species, just spontanious designs. Enjoy

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Well Steve - It is a technique I was playing around with but I don't think anyone is the originator of the technique. (It is afterall just a blend). Your example shows the potential of it.

I don't know if you've tried this - you should as it is great interactive fun. After creating the blend, ctrl-click to select one of the blend's original objects. Editing that shape's fills and transparencies greatly effects the blend as does repositioning, flipping, scaling, and rotating it. Hitting the tab key will select the other object in the blend and allow similar manipulations. Edited interactively like this allows the blend tool to do things you could not anticipate when creating a pair of objects to blend. Tip: When I do this I make one of the objects extremely small and typically have it on top of the other object. That's how I made the hibiscus in a recent thread.

Also check out this thread and this one that feature a very similar technique using the contour tool.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Steve

I'm not sure if you have ever done a water color painting but your boquet has the same feeling of applying a diluted stroke of water color to a damp piece of Arches water color paper where the edges of the stroke fade into the heavy paper.

Very effective.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    me hoe ebb rivulets</a>

Yea, this is a new thing for me, I've never played with the blend tool much just because of it's spontaniousness and I always have something in my mind that I want to create and it was hard to get the effect I want. I had no idea about the Ctrl+Click option, that would make it a lot more easy to use, I'll have to do some much needed experimenting!

Gary, although I'm pretty comfortable with most mediums, I've never been much of a painter! In fact, I'm pretty bad! but I'd like to be able to get some lessons to change that as I've always loved a good painting, whenever I see a nice sunset or colorfull fall-trees I just wish I had that skill to recreate it! I think it's the whole "hand-off-paper" issue holding the end of the brush, I'm used to the hand-on-paper pencil style! I've always been interested in watercolor also, especially the chinese/japanese style, very smooth and flowing. Anyway, thanks for the posts, I'll c-ya later

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-