<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> have you become a philosophical hippie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hm, I've always been that way. But maybe I turned to be a philosophical terrorist now? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yes, you are right: re-creating an ancient plase makes a lot of sense. And of course you learn a lot when you try to model, like your diamond experiment. **IF** all people would approach it your way, I wouldn't worry at all.

But still - re-creating nature or a part of it must fail. It'll be nothing else but a helpless attempt to copy something that had billions of years to develop into a perfect state.

Well, don't let us discuss those unhappy people in this world - it would lead to nowhere because they don't even know that they **exist** ;-} Give them bread and games as the roman emperor used to say. Today it's the shooting game generation...

Congrats for your new home! I can imagine why you won't leave your house before 7 or 8 am - the gazillion mosquitos would start a never ending attack to get their breakfast ;-} But after sunrise it must be beautiful in the summer in Finland.

For re-creation I prefer to hike through nature instead of hacking the computer. A computer is just a tool to work with, but nothing to fool around with during leisure time (unless you are running Windows 95 and have to clean your machine during your leisure time to get it up and running again before the next project will hit your desk, rebooting, rebooting, rebooting...)

And now have a great weekend!

jens

jens g.r. benthien
designer
http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
----------//--