Hi guys!

I am new to this forum, and have been impressed by the excellent responses to varied queries on CorelDraw.

Two years ago, i had designed a set of maps for a street atlas company using layers in CorelDraw for flexible editing. The maps originated in AutoCad and were imported using the DXF filter. They were later styled in CorelDraw7. Finally the maps were exported as BMPs, and the programmer using Delphi adapted the same format to make an interactive CD-ROM format. There are 6 zoom levels, but for each level of zoom, i had to use another BMP with the correct size and resolution to avoid the usual pitfall of pixellation when enlarging bitmaps, thereby increasing the number of files that had to be loaded. (phew! that was a mouthful :-))

my question, dear patient folks is:

The company now wants to put this information up on the Web. In its current format, it is not web-compatible. Am thinking of using a vector format like Flash which will allow me to use layers, some animation, and 'true' interactivity, the bonus being small file sizes. Has anybody tried something similar? Am i on the right track? Would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks for your time