Hi Xara Team,

I discovered some more bugs:

01. Bevel tool -> apply bevel -> select 'contrast' -> type in 90 in the % field and press ENTER - it returns ' 0 ' . Pretty strange, because numbers up to 89 are accepted :-)

02. When I try to open a document from XARA 2.0, I get following message:

Error from XARA X
An internal error has occured. Failed to read the requested Type 1 character outline.

Now, this is extremely strange: When I first installed the trial version, everything was ok. I dl the latest release yesterday, and now I have trouble with my Type 1 fonts.

No, this does not happen with XARA 2.0. It does not make any difference if I am running XARA 2.0 at the same time or not. I tried to run XARA X as the only one software - still the same messages. All other apps behave normal and can read the Type 1 fonts - my Adobe Type Manager Deluxe for Windows NT is up and running, and I even re-installed it just to make sure it's not a screwed up information file from Adobe.

When I open up the font gallery, several fonts in XARA X are simply displayed with a box and and a vertical and horizontal line in it.

BTW, I installed XARA 2.0 on my other machine with W2K Pro, which does not need the Adobe Type Manager to display Type 1 fonts. Guess what happened: the font gallery displays 20 times the Arial font (though it is installed only once on the machine), as well as the Times font - extremely strange behaviour. OK, I can live with it, but this points out that there might be a problem with the font engine in XARA - if I am not totally wrong. On the other hand - it does not bother me, everything else is running smooth.

I will try to re-install the first XARA X trial again today to check if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot,
jens g.r. benthien
creative director
Genesis II Networks, LLC
Charlotte, NC, USA