Regarding: highmore.org
The site itself isn't new--the xhtml skeleton of this design dates back to October; the current styling was rolled out on the new year. I've recently (this week) thrown together a backend for one of the more arduous sections of the site--the business section -- Rather than using a database, the data is all maintained in a text file that I've taken care to ensure is self-cleaning . . . of course, I've assembled an interface for editing the data -- but those are just unimportant details that make updating easier . . .

The hardest part about working with the city was the previous lack of real quality--in content or design. It was a real mess, but it has (I like to think) really come along--there's a lot of data there, now, and it's updated regularly. My biggest complaint is that the menus are floated on either side of the text, rather than sitting outside the body. I liked how it looked, initially--but certain sections that require more shoulder room don't play so well with that and I have to just clear them and dump them beneath the menus--as seen on the business page. It's a bit of a challenge (of a different sort) working with a site that is nearly entirely text and nothing else.

But if anyone cares to take a look and drop me their take on the design, legibility, browser bugs, et al . . . I'd be grateful. The more eyes/opinions the better.

Mmm, data.