Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
...it seems to me that, except for the exclusions mentioned in the email link, xara designer pro 20 [perpetual] has most of the features listed in designer pro+ release notes up to march 23; in any case some of the said exceptions were not released until after march... ...could be wrong but there is certainly a lot more than in version 19
It is good to hear that v20's upgrade will not leave users 2 years behind the Plus versions.
We had the 'strange' Xara Web Designer 19.0.2.67264 P x64 Jul 21 2023 and eventually v20 Perpetual around 12 November 2023. Neither were especially marketed to us in great detail.
I accept @handrawn's assessment that v20 Perpetual is roughly equivalent to a Plus version around March.
This would be v23.0, 13 March 2023, as that precedes the introduction of Web Blocks in v23.1 as at 24 May 2023.

We have had no confirmation that v20 will be upgraded annually but pricing seems this is a good guess.

Well if v20 Perpetual equates to Plus v23.0 then by 12 November, it is necessarily behind Plus v23.5, 14 November 2023 on its release by 8 months and six updates.
If v20 Perpetual goes to v21 next November then v20 will have been 20 months behind. My original "behind by about two years" is not that far out.
You might generously put it that the Perpetual version will at best be 6 months behind and at worst 18 months behind, under favourable circumstances.

I would like three statements from Xara around the Perpetual product:
1. The upgrade period.
2. When Bugs will be remedied.
3. Whether Perpetual will only ever be one product unlike Plus variant.

Acorn