Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Xara Web Design 19 being weird about xl_xr links on animated text

Hello, everyone! Hoping someone has a fix for this...

I'm using Xara Web Designer Premium 19.0.0.64291

And I've been working on a website pseudo-game with a "go left" "go right" feature (just with pages, very simple). I figured out a lot, but there's one thing I can't seem to get it to do.

So, I have an image and two squares on top of it that are basically see-through - one on the left and one on the right. When you mouseover either side, "Go Left" or "Go Right" text pops up, and set to "close pop-up automatically." That all works fine.

"Go Left" is currently set to hyperlink to an outside website (another of mine), and that works fine, too.

"Go Right" is set to hyperlink to another of the pages (index.htm#xl_xr_page_shops) - but when the text is clicked, it refuses to load up the page. The navigation bar *says* it's on this new page, but it's not. If I hit refresh, *then* it loads the proper page. If I take away having the pop-up "Go Right" layer text show up (and just add the hyperlink to the square instead), the link works fine.

My gut is telling me this is a Xara problem (since the external link works fine even with the pop-up text), but there might be a code workaround.. so any suggestions would be most welcome!

Thank you so much in advance!

Jamie
    Last edited by JAKlife; 01 December 2023 at 02:04 AM.