I have every confidence in Charles & Kate Moir not leaving their last 20 years' worth of work high and dry should anything happen to them and/or their company.

I disagree with Bones that it's dead money that I pay year after year. Arguably that's what the money I paid to Affinity was for their PC and Mac programs, and their new v2 suite of all their programs - I never spent enough time learning them and only use them as a glorified batch converter to export HEIC photos to JPEG.

Xara Designer only has to save me four hours a year to pay for itself, and it comfortably does that. The subscription covers support too, something we didn't really have properly before. I'd love new non-web features and also stopped buying regular updates when it was money to Magix, but like Bones said, I like the idea of supporting Xara directly. I value time and work that people put into things - after all, I only have time and work to sell and people pay me!

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
For the longest time I bought every paid upgrade, even though 90% of it didn't interest me at all, out of loyalty to Xara and a desire to see it improve. That all ended when they handed it over to Magix and now it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if Xara went under tomorrow
I don't follow why it'd not bother you if post-Magix Xara went under tomorrow when you supported pre-Magix Xara. Before Magix the updates around that time seemed to be all about brushes and Photoshop plugins - I never used those. Magix-era updates seem to be all about webpage export - I don't use those either.